Role: Social Media Executive (Internship)
Duration: Full/Part Time
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Director
Location: Mayfair, London, W1J 7BU
This position is ideal for a university student, studying a business, marketing or English writing degree who wishes to learn and gain valuable experience within an up and coming London based social media agency, with a strong emphasis on digital marketing, specifically social media marketing and management for SME’s.
Your work and opinions will have a direct impact on the decision making within the company. You will receive first-hand, real-world working experience and be involved on various projects every week with a variety of clients in a range of industries. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience for your portfolio.
- Manage accounts in the most effective and efficient possible way through the usage of social media management tools
- Always think of new ways to engage our social communities, including special offers, promotions, incentives, contests, etc.
- Creating content on a daily basis to be communicated through our own and clients social media channels
- Research, test and report on current trends, tools, emerging social media platforms.
- Suggest and implement industry best practice and show interest and initiative through a constructive, mature attitude.
- Blog on our website and client sites as and when required.
- A truly social, confident individual
- A creative spark and enthusiasm is essential
- Strong social media presence (specifically Twitter & LinkedIn)
- Microsoft Office proficiency (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fantastic English language skills, spelling and grammar
- Passion for writing (proof of published articles or a blog is an advantage)
- Good general knowledge about a variety of industries
- High attention to detail
- Strong understanding of social media channels Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Vine, Medium and LinkedIn
- Hardworking and able to work effectively through tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Curious and enthusiastic to learn
- Proficient Photoshop skills
- A MSc or MA in a business related degree
- Experience using Social media analytics or Google Analytics
- Experience using social media management tools such as Sprout Social, Manage Flitter, Tweet Deck, etc
- An active blog on Tumblr, Medium or WordPress
- General understanding of the most popular online marketing methods, in particular email marketing, SEO and PPC
Think this is for you? Send a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com.